SJSports Online
High School Focus

Sport Focus

High School Soccer:
Delsea Player Update

Tuesday, August 18, 1998

By Vince Nestore
Delsea Varsity Boys Coach

The boys from Delsea High School's 1997 Soccer squad have graduated to College Soccer:

Bill Epley is now at Division I, Bucknell in the Ivy League and hasn't missed a beat. Bill was second in total points this past fall. Bill's ability to perform at the next level has a lot to do with his incredible work ethic. This performance as a freshman nearly earned him Freshman of the Year in the Ivy League. He placed second to the player from Navy. Expect Bucknell in the next few years to make a run at the Ivy League crown. Bill has always been a winner and I expect it to be no different at Bucknell.
Click Here To Continue


Summer Field Hockey:
Voorhees Clinic Teaches The Basics

Friday, August 14, 1998

By Gary Steiner
SJSports Staff Writer

A field hockey clinic for girls ages 8 to 13 was held this week at Voorhees Middle School as part of the Voorhees CER Summer Program. The clinic was hosted by Ellen Regn, coach of the freshman field hockey team at Cherokee High School. Coach Regn, originally from Gibbsboro, played field hockey for her alma mater Eastern High School, and in college at the University of Iowa. "I enjoy working with the young kids here at the school," she said. "I wanted to give back to the [Voorhees] community, since that's where I grew up."
Click Here To Continue


South Jersey Soccer:
Barons Close Regular Season With 7-0 Win Over Voltage

Saturday, August 8, 1998

By Forrest Robleto
SJSports Staff Writer

In their last regular game of the season with the Division Championship already in hand, the Barons got back their leading scorer Matt Miles, third leading scorer Paul Wimbelton, and with a little help from Garden State Parkway traffic, humiliated the Vermont Voltage 7-0. Miles, in his first game since he fractured his cheekbone in a game on June 28, scored three goals. Wimbelton, back from a game suspension for 6 cautions had four assists. Miles was wearing a protective mask for his cheekbone injury that was obviously uncomfortable during the game.
Click Here To Continue

©1998 South Jersey Sports Online