What's New at Citizens Bank Park
Monday, March 28, 2005
By Deborah Rinaldi
From restaurant and concession enhancements to the latest in merchandise and family-fun, the second season at Citizens Bank Park kicks off with exhibition games on April 2 with new amenities that add to the ultimate baseball and entertainment experience.
NEW! Restaurant & Concession Enhancements
* The latest addition to Ashburn Alley is Planet Hoagie, featuring delicious Philadelphia hoagies. It is located between Tony Luke’s and the Alley store.
* McFadden’s Restaurant & Saloon, the sports-oriented restaurant open year round, is unveiling a new menu in early April featuring a variety of new salads, seafood dishes and pub platters.
* The upper level of Harry the K’s Broadcast Bar & Grille (located in the left field scoreboard) has been converted from a sit-down dining area into a stand-up pub atmosphere.
* A new tent has been installed on the east side of the ballpark, which will be used for group parties and other gatherings.
* The High & Inside Pub, which is an indoor pub on the Terrace Level offering chef specialty sandwiches and a full-service bar, has a new floor that enhances the aesthetics of the room.
* The Phanatic Phood Cart, which offers food portions just the right size for young Phillies guests, has been relocated from Ashburn Alley to just outside the Phanatic Phun Zone behind Section 112.
* New concession and portable stand enhancements include the addition of: vegetarian “Garden Burgers” at several South Philadelphia Market stands; two “Fairmount Fries” concession stands (behind Sections 209 and 319) offering Boardwalk fries, chicken tenders and other treats; more ice cream machines in several Old City Creamery locations; and pizza and ice cream to Shibe Park Eatery (for Hall of Fame guests). Plus, Peace A Pizza signage is now displayed above the pizza stand in Ashburn Alley.
NEW! Merchandise Additions
* Guests can now purchase Bull’s BBQ merchandise at “Bull’s Smokehouse”, located next to Bull’s BBQ in Ashburn Alley.
* New “Harry the K’s” merchandise will be available at “Harry the K’s” Broadcast Bar and Grille and the Alley Store.
* A “Personalized Bat” stand by Louisville Slugger, located behind Section 134, gives guests the chance to purchase and customize bats with a laser engraver.
* The popular Make Your Own Phanatic store where guests can stuff and fluff their own Phanatic doll features a variety of new merchandise including: a Phanatic with a curling tongue that pops out when you squeeze its tummy (available mid-season); a “biker” Phanatic (including a leather coat, sunglasses and a 4-wheel ATV); the Phanatic’s mom Phoebe (complete with dress, handbag and pearls); a baby Phanatic (complete with bib, diapers and bonnet); a “rainy day” Phanatic (with rain gear and boots); a wig to create “Phyllis”, the Phanatic’s friend (with pink clothing and pink Phillies cap); a “game day” Phanatic with Phillies jersey, pennant, a tray of snacks…among others.
* Young guests and their families can enjoy an inflatable Power Pitcher Interactive exhibit, which gives the opportunity to pitch to some of Major League Baseball’s greatest hitters (located behind Section 139 and available mid-April).
* The history of the Phillies continues to be shared in Cooperstown Gallery (Hall of Fame Club), where various display cases include new memorabilia and artifacts of the Philadelphia A’s, Baker Bowl and Shibe Park/Connie Mack Stadium.
NEW! Enhancements Around the Ballpark
* The entire Sports Complex parking area has been re-labeled, now giving a consistent lot identification system for fans attending all types of games in the vicinity.
* The Phillies are installing two new video boards on Pattison Avenue, which will promote Phillies announcements and updates.
* All of the Citizens Bank Park signage has been updated to reflect the new Citizens Bank logo.